Bridge Watchkeeping, Safety MMD Solved Past Papers Chief Mate Phase 2 of August’19 papers only.
- Explain briefly the following: – Pivot point when moving ahead with constant speed.
- Explain briefly the following: – Hydrodynamic Interaction between ships on opposite course in a narrow channel.
- How would you confirm that your vessel is brought up during anchoring?
- What are actions to be taken in case of dragging anchor and delay in readiness of the engines?
- Discuss how ISM code helps to tackle on emergency situation.
- Describe the various methods of carrying out damage control after collision, to restore the structural integrity of ships temporarily. State the legal aspect to be followed.
- Q) What are the various search patterns recommended in the IAMSAR? Explain with sketches.
- When a man falls overboard from your vessel. State the actions you would take and the preferred manouevre.
- When is this method of Standing Moor used? Explain with the help of a neat diagram, the procedure for conducting a standing moor.
- What is Transverse Thrust?
- What is Pooping? Explain the effects with suitable sketch.
Phase II (F.G.) Exams Syllabus available here.