Engineering Knowledge Solved MMD Past Papers Phase 2 Chief Mate MMD Solved Past Papers Chief Mate Phase 2 of
August’19 papers only.
Solved Theory & Numericals
Theory Covered so far:
- Explain why regular testing of water in Auxiliary Boilers is desirable.
- For each test normally carried out, state – Reasons for making the test.
- Action required when measured values differ appreciably from desired values.
- Sketch & describe the Reverse Osmosis system for the production of drinking water on board the ships.
- State – Pre-treatment used with RO equipment.
- State – The Post-treatment necessary.
- State some built in measures by which steering gear mechanism can be kept operational in the event of breakage of rudder actuator, pipe failures, motor burn out etc.
- Sketch and describe a Typical Ships Electrical Distribution System.
- Explain how paralleling of generator’s carried out.
- For a fully automatic provisions refrigeration system incorporating a number of rooms: Sketch a line diagram detailing the devices incorporated into the refrigeration system to protect the machinery and equipment against malfunction.
- For a fully automatic provisions refrigeration system incorporating a number of rooms: Explain how critical temperature restricts plant operation and how these limitations overcome?
- For a fully automatic provisions refrigeration system incorporating a number of rooms: What is the effect on the environment of the release of refrigerants into the atmosphere?
- With reference to oil monitoring of bilge and tanker ballast discharges: Describe with aid of a sketch, the general arrangements of an oil monitoring system.
- With reference to oil monitoring of bilge and tanker ballast discharges: State the Inputs that are recorded and output operation.
- Explain the purpose of Deck Mooring Winch and Windlass Winch used on board ship.
- List the routine maintenance carried out on board.
- Write short notes on: Use of indicator card on board.
- Write short notes on: Protection / Precautions against Crank Case Explosion.
- Write short notes on: Why pre-heating of main engine is carried out?
- Explain the arrangements required for ensuring safe engineering watch when carrying dangerous cargo.
Phase II (F.G.) Exams Syllabus available here.
There are no reviews yet.